Managing backend access to a GW Drupal website is the responsibility of the site owner.
GW Drupal has three levels of user permissions:
- Site Administrator
- Content Supervisor
- Content Contributor
|Site Administrator||Content Supervisor||Contributor|
|Create and edit pages||X||X||X|
|Edit menu settings||X||X||X|
|Make content live (i.e. publish content)||X||X|
|Customize the page||X||X|
|Manage advances site configurations||X|
|Edit Global Content||X|
|Manage user accounts||X|
Accounts are authenticated using GW UserID, and Site Administrators can add or remove users as necessary. Organizational UserIDs are not supported. Accounts must be created with the UserID username of individual faculty, staff or students.
In addition to the three levels of account access, you can also restrict user account access to specific sections of the site using a featured called Workbench Access. Workbench Access is not enabled by default, but if you are interested in using it, a live demo and additional information can be provided at Office Hours.
Managing User Accounts
- Hover over People in the Drupal admin bar
- Click Add User
- In the Username field, type in the GW UserID username for the new user
- Entering anything other than the user's GW UserID will result in a failed login
- In the Email field, type or paste in the GW email address for the new user
- In the Password field, type in a password that meets the security requirements
- This field is a formality. The password you enter will not be the user's password. The user will log in with their GW UserID password
- Leave the Status as Active for the user to be able to log in
- A status of Blocked will prevent users from logging in
- Check the Notify user of new account checkbox to trigger an email notification when the account is created
- Select the appropriate Role based on the level of access you want the user to have
- It is only necessary to select one role
- Leave the LDAP options as is
- Leave the Meta Tags options as is
- Click the Create New Account button
You should see a success confirmation if the account is successfully created. If you receive an error message, make the necessary updates and repeat Step 11.