Logos & Brands
On GW Drupal websites, logos and brands are used to incorporate university branding and to identify the site owner.
All brand images and official university logos are created by GW Communications & Marketing and are constructed in compliance with the university's Identity Standards & Guidelines.
GW Drupal Editorial websites display the site owner's logo, or the GW monogram alongside the site owner's typeset name, in the Main Header. This is a global element that will display at the top of every page. It is not possible to hide or customize this on a page-by-page basis.
As logos and typesets are subject to the university's Identity Standards & Guidelines, this graphic must be created by GW Communications & Marketing.
To update the logo in Drupal, you will need to edit the Main Header content type.
The Brand content type is a graphic on all GW Drupal Classic websites that displays the name of the site owner. In some cases, a parent organization is also referenced using an attribution.
|A Brand without an attribution||A Brand with an attribution|
Brands come in three sizes: small, medium and large. There are also several styles of Brands to choose from that can help create a unique user experience and custom feel on your GW Drupal website. Whichever option you choose, it will always be paired with a Hero banner. You Brand and Hero banner will display beneath the site Header.
By default, GW Drupal websites are configured to display a large Brand on the homepage and a small Brand on all the subpages of your website. The large Brand that appears on the homepage can be easily changed to a medium Brand. Or, in some cases, a full-width Hero might be used, in which case a separate Brand graphic wouldn't be necessary.
However, since the interior pages use the small Brand by default, electing to use a different size requires that each page be manually modified to display the preferred Brand size.
Managing the Brand Image
- Hover over My Workbench > My Content > All Recent Content
- Click on All Recent Content
- On the next page, filter by Type > Brand, and then click the Apply button
You should be presented with results of all existing Brands in your website. If you do not see any results, filter by Published > Any. If you still do not see any results, you may not be a Site Administrator in the website. In that case, you will need to contact the main website administrator for your office, department, school or college for further assistance.
- Under the Actions column, click Edit
- Remove the existing image, if necessary
- Click File Browser, and then Browse
- The File Browser window should open. It displays all images and documents that have been uploaded to the website. It also provides the ability to upload new images and documents.
- Select or upload your new Brand image
- Type the text on the Brand image into the required Alternate Text field
- Set the Brand Link to the website's homepage URL
- Under Publishing Options, change the Moderation State to Published
- Click the Save button
Your Brand image should now be updated.
Demo & Training
GW Communications & Marketing